We love to make brunch every Sunday, and enjoy coming up with different items to make. One of our favorites is waffles! My son usually makes them, but I have gotten in on the action as well. As someone who loves to bake and cook, I had never made homemade waffles before, and I love it! You can top your waffles with fruit, chocolate, homemade whip cream, maple syrup, powdered sugar, fruit syrup, and so much more! We also serve it with either bacon or sausage.
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder plus a teaspoon
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Warm your waffle iron. I set mine to 350 degrees. In a large bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl. In a medium bowl whisk the milk, eggs and vanilla together. Stir in the melted butter.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until combined.
- Add about 1/3 cup of batter for each waffle. I also coat my iron with a bit of vegetable oil. It keeps the waffles from sticking and gives it a nice crisp!
Remember… waffles aren’t just for breakfast or brunch, they are also just as yummy for dinner!